Friday, June 13, 2014

Friday Favorites: Top 5 Book Promotions

 

Hello!

I am a big advocate for reading and what not, so from one book nerd to another, here are my top 10 books I've read.




1. Nice is Just a Place in France by The Betches
This is a very funny book about a young adult's rise to becoming an adult and how to deal with it. I have to give credit to this hilarious book to my sister, Haverley. Without her, this book wouldn't be in my possession. (Note: Adult Content)




2. The Sister's Grimm Series by Michael Buckley
This is an adorable younger child's book (aka basically my childhood) that tells the story of two sister's facing the fairy tale characters they only dreamt of. This is a series, but still one of my favorite series I've ever read and my go to whenever I need some light reading or a laugh.




3. How to Say Goodbye in Robot by Natalie Standiford
This may possibly be my favorite book I've ever read (which is saying a lot). It's about a young girl named Beatrice who befriend's "Ghost Boy" Jonah and their story advances. It is a bit sad, but a beautifully written and thought out story that doesn't get as praised as it deserves.

 




4. The Percy Jackson/ Heroes of Olympus Series by Rick Riordan
This series is also a light hearted read, but it's really educational as well. I know a lot about Greek mythology because of these series. They're (mostly) light and are one of my personal faves. (I mean come on, who doesn't ship Percibeth?)








5. The Divergent Series by Veronica Roth
I love this series! I know it's one of those books-into-movie type deal, but do NOT skip over reading this series. I got so wrapped in this series that my mom had to make sure I was ok after some parts. It  is a dystopian novel about a young girl, Beatrice (popular name, haha). It is one of my favorite series ever written. I got extremely attached and I hope you enjoy it as well.





I hope this will help you enjoy your summer when you need a wind down book for sleeping or maybe a "chill" book for the beach. I will see you next Friday and be sure to check out my latest blog post: http://goingreene.blogspot.com/2014/06/summer-struggles.html

Let me know what you think of my choices and tell me some of your favorites! I'm always open for suggestions.

Have fun Going Greene!

No comments:

Post a Comment