Friday, August 8, 2014

Lend an Ear

Everyone has that one genre on music that they stick to, but there are so many different genres of music that it's hard to not try other types of music, so here are my suggestions for when you want to try something new.



1. Birdy's "What About Angels"

This song is a bit sad, but it's beautifully written for when you need a soft song to help get out your stears. Maybe just like sad music like me. It was written for the movie The Fault in our Stars, if that tells you anything.

 

 

2. "Buzz Cut Season" by Lorde


Most Lorde songs are a bit strange and this one follows that same theme, but it is very well written and happens to be my favorite song by her. It's a great slow song for when you want try something new.

 
 
 

3. "Problem" by Arianna Grande

You probably know this song, it's constantly on the radio. Nevertheless, this song is perfect for a pumped up car ride with Rether; and, maybe, if you have a listen, you can car dance like us as well.

 
 

4. "Lies" by Marina and the Diamonds

Marina is a personal favorite of mine. She is a beautiful singer and is incredibly indie, but this is one my favorite songs of hers. If you like this, listen to the rest of her songs. She's perfect.

 
 
 

5. "Bohemian Rhapsody" by Queen

If you haven't heard this, I'm disappointed in you! Go educate yourself! This is Queen!! Plus, it's an oldie, but a goodie.

 
 

6. "Murda Bidness" by Iggy Azalea

I love this song, but it does have quite a bit of language. It is my "fired up" song that I listen to when I need a boost. It's also rap, so do not listen if you're not a fan. If you are, this so is hilarious and It's Iggy, so it's obviously perf.

 
 

7. "I Don't Wanna Love Somebody Else" by A Great Big World

This is a beautiful song written by the guys who sang "Say Something" with Christina. If you haven't heard their other songs, I'd give them a try. They're great writers with  unique voices. You never know, they may end up your favorite artists.



8. "Pure Imagination" by Fiona Apple

Fiona has been around forever and has a fabulous voice, so this cover was just a cherry on top of her career. It was also used in a Chipotle Ad... Are you convinced to listen yet?

 
 

9. "Oceans" by Hillsong United

If you like contemporary Christian music, this one is one of my favorite Christian songs. It's a great pick me up!

 
 

10. "Young and Beautiful" by Lana Del Ray

Even if you hate Lana, which you shouldn't, you'll probably love this song. It was used for The Great Gatsby and may possibly be one of my favorite Lana Songs.

 
 

11. "I'll Make a Man Out of You" from Mulan

I had to throw a Disney song in here. If you don't know this song, contact me and I'll help you find your childhood. (Maybe you can find my beach ball?)

 
 

12. "Raindrops" by Fytch, Captain Crunch, and Carmen Forbes

This is dubstep and has an awesome bass drop, but dubstep isn't for everyone. I love it though. Just be warned.

 
 

13. "Never Fully Dressed Without a Smile" from Annie

Who doesn't love the adorable ginger that is Annie. This song can easily lift your spirits and is my favorite from the movie (and musical). (I also recommend "Maybe", but that's an honorable mention.)

 
 

14. "Maybe This Time" from Cabaret

A beautifully sad song that I simply adore. While the play itself is an adult film, this song encompasses the word heartbreaking.  It's just to die for.

 
 

15. Anything by One Direction

I mean seriously, they're adorable, British fellows with gorgeous voices and outstanding personalities. What's not to love?



 
 

I believe I covered most genres and if I didn't hit one, let me know! The list could go on forever, but I decided to stop with 15.  I didn't put a country song because my mommy said if I can't say anything nice, then don't say anything at all. Have fun listening and I hope you enjoy!




Previously on Going Greene: http://goingreene.blogspot.com/2014/07/honey-boo-boo-stole-my-beach-ball.html

No comments:

Post a Comment